Monday, December 24, 2007

Welcome all to Reformed Hall

After much pushing and prodding from some of my friends, I have broken down and created my own blog. Over the past year, I have written a number of notes and articles but did not have a really good way to publish them for others to view. I posted some on my face book profile, but never got the kind of traffic or responses, or in fact exposure I was looking for. With this blog, I hope to reach many more people than I have previously been able to.
First, I am a Christian. My passion is spreading the Word and Jesus’ fame for the glory of God. However, I believe that what constitutes American Christianity today has drifted dangerously far from its more “traditional” and theologically sound doctrine of one hundred to one hundred and fifty years ago. The truth of scripture has been exchanged for the lies of self-esteem, minimizing sin, universal atonement and universal salvation, the denial of eternal punishment and so on. This blog takes a decisive stance against all distorters of the true Christian faith, and they are numerous.
As you might expect by the name of this blog (reformed hall), I approach Christianity from the reformed or Calvinist perspective. While I lean more Presbyterian in my beliefs, I am not a Presbyterian. I actually attend a Baptist church currently. And I know that this seems to really only be a problem when we get down to the issue of paedo-baptism versus credo-baptism. However, my goal all along has been to unite Reformed Baptists and their Presbyterian brothers through understanding of each other’s doctrine and also moving towards tolerance between the two camps. I think it is entirely arrogant and repugnant for a Baptist to look down on a Presbyterian because of their baptismal practices. And I find it to be equally arrogant and repugnant when the situation is reversed.
In any event, this blog is dedicated to preaching the same Christ crucified as preached by the Bible, the apostle Paul, Augustine, Luther, Calvin, Mather, Edwards, Spurgeon and later J.I. Packer, R.C. Sproul, John MacArthur and John Piper. I hope you like what you read in the coming days/weeks!

No comments: